Sunday, September 8, 2013

New York Spring 2014 Fashion Week Street Style Part 3

The cool thing about a palette like black-and-white is that the spareness allows the details of construction to shine through. Just compare the silhouettes on Emily Weiss and Caroline de Maigret at Alexander Wang. The crisp contrast makes Weiss's thigh-high boots even more jaw-dropping, and de Maigret's oversize blouse and trousers sit away from her body in a way that's elegant and effortless. Miroslava Duma and Lily Kwong are also in on the classic color combo (or lack thereof), proving that sometimes the most basic ideas in fashion can be the most inspiring when brought to the street.

Miroslava Duma at Prabal Gurung

As said in the intro of this post, the standard palette is black and white. Here, Miroslava Duma adopts it in a checkered pantsuit, and keeps it from being boring with a bright red and leopard handbag.


Chiara Ferragni

One of the essentials I have yet to add to my closet is a trench coat. Burberry is known for it's wonderful array of this certain species of coats. Love it!


Chiara Ferragni Croc Ankle Boots, Burberry Prorsum Trench Coat, Celine Nano Bag and Raen Sunglasses


Joan Smalls at Alexander Wang

I love Joan Smalls for her bright, wonderful personality, and in this photo, it definitely shines through. So pretty...


Katherine Bernard, Susie Lau (in an ASOS dress), Emma Wyman at Alexander Wang

Susie "Bubble" moves from her more patterned looks into something equally bright, but slightly more solid. (Not counting the taffeta.) I like the way this reminds me of the pack of highlighters I bought for school...


Emily Weiss at Alexander Wang

For those of you who don't know that Emily is the genius behind intothegloss.com, it's time you did. I highly recommend that you check on the site - during Fashion Week especially. She is my top blogger for runway beauty, yesterday I modeled an entire video I'm editing partly from her post on that particular designer's show.


Lily Kwong at Prabal Gurung

I remember an Ann Taylor vest that's very similar to this one that my mom gave me not so long ago. What I don't have is those bright colored heels and pants. Time for some vintage shopping...


This is how I look when I'm relaxing outside school with a library book - sans the urber stylish outfit.


Caroline de Maigret at Alexander Wang

I must admit that I'm not sure about wearing oversize with oversize, but I won't hold it against her, mostly because of those awesome shoes... (swoon)


At Rebecca Taylor

I will definitely be wearing my red boots I got a few weeks ago, especially now that I see this pretty ones worn in Fashion Week.


Mia Moretti at Rebecca Taylor

Bundle up people! Just make sure that you know the amazing power of a unique fabric. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment