Sunday, September 8, 2013

New York Spring 2014 Fashion Week Street Style Part 2

New York Fashion Week is crazy for denim this season. We’re seeing the comfy blue weave in countless iterations: on models off duty worn with cool jackets and blazers; shredded pants on editors on the go; and boyfriend jeans slung around the hips with a chic belt. It’s unlikely that many of the women in these photographs are headed home to tend their farm after the shows (Hanneli Mustaparta’s white overalls make us wonder, though), but so far, on the street, the classic all-American fabric is winning out over its high-fashion counterparts.


Karen Elson in a Grace Coddington for Balenciaga bag

I've always loved russet red hair, but hey, were're here to talk about ST - not hair. Anyway, love the combination of orange and neon jade. The look morphs into something worthy of a front photo.


Natalie Joos in a Peter Pilotto top

I had to include this photo - not only because I want to have as many as possible, but also because this reminds me of the pineapple silhouetted top my friend wore today when I saw her. I have already seen her wear it several times, and I can clearly realize that she loves it, as do I, I must admit.


Marine Deleeuw and Yumi Lambert

The world of fashion is never afraid to show more than just a little skin, and this top (right) is nothing in comparison to what I have seen previously. I rather like it - this top I mean.


Deena Abdulaziz in an Olympia Le Tan clutch

On my impossible to attain wishlist is an Olympia le Tan clutch. This brand has a knack for making this great "book" clutches that have been admired for their creativity and humor. This is a particular nice "book" titled "Dracula". And there's the innocent maiden.


Martha Hunt in a Balenciaga bag

Essence of beloved casualness spotted.


Anya Ziourova in a Jason Wu dress

I consider Russian women one of the best dressed when it comes to style. Anya Ziourova, of course, is no exception. Here, she pairs a tasteful red and black dress from the young genius Jason Wu with studded heels. Edgy without having to look punk, classy without having boredom at the same time.


Hanne Gaby Odiele

I love looking at model off duty looks. Like I said in Part 1 in this series, model of duty looks consist of a basic color combination of blacks, whites, and sometimes grays. Here, super, super casual capri prove that casual is the new cool for this season.


Tian Yi

I'm glad to know that the clumsy sandals I own are in style, at least for right now.


Chanel Iman in a Supreme shirt

Have a plaid shirt? A graphic tee? Never worry, that will always be part of the model off duty look.


Ming Xi in a vintage top JW Anderson skirt

That Mickey Mouse motif reminds me of two things - the Mickey Motif that Miley Cyrus wore to a show last season, and then the impossibly funny Mickey Mouse cartoons. Mickey Mouse is a great love of mine.


Sui He and Liu Wen

Classic transportation in every big city - the subway. I have been in one in just about every place I've traveled at least once. Kiev, Moscow, London, Washington D.C., ect. Some subways are better than most, but they will always remain the most efficient way to maneuver through a city even when above ground, traffic is choking the streets.


Denim alert!


Konca Aykan

Red flag denim!


Chiara Ferragni

Feeling glam even while pushing through New York's hassle. Just make sure to look your best at the same time.


Christian Louboutin Pigalle Shoes, MSGM Suit, Mlle Leather Bra, Rag&Bone Blazer, Celine Bag and Thierry Lasry Sunglasses


Margaret Zhang (left)

Love the motif on the t-shirt - "Written and Directed by Woody Allen".

No comments:

Post a Comment