Saturday, September 21, 2013

Milan Spring 2014 Fashion Week Part 2

Today in Milan, midlength skirts are all over the sidewalks, but what other hems are sneaking up and down? Here, you can observe three different takes on a simple white shirt and black skirt ensemble: a white button-down with the sleeves rolled to the elbow worn with a miniskirt, another with the sleeves worn down with a midlength zip-front pencil skirt, and a short-sleeve take with a long skirt below the knee. Though they’re rooted in the same basics, they become completely different because of where the garments end. There are other pieces to observe, too, like wide-leg pants cropped to midcalf (all the better to see those metallic mules), and a woven dress whose sleeve ends just above the wrist bone. You see, it’s not just about mixing prints or finding the most unexpected sweater. Leave it to Milan—where tailoring reigns supreme—to make street style all about the proportions.


Zhanna Romashka in a Kenzo jacket, Sara Battaglia bag

I remember looking at Us magazine's Fashion Police spread, and a teen actress wore a Kenzo dress with the same fabric as this one, and the editors of the magazine thought it was a fail. I myself didn't really think it was as bad as they were implying, and with this look I can certainly say that I like it. It reminds me so much of my "eye" jewelry, and let me tell you that I love eyes. It is just so much fun to wear something that might or might not creep people out.... I know that whenever I wear my brown eye ring, one friend gets creeped out, but the other friend is like "That's so cool! Where did you get that?" See what I mean?


Fendi dress

Classically pretty says it all for this look.


Sung Hee

That says ME all over - the hat I mean.


Chiara Totire


Elizabeth was the one and only (at least then) mate-less queen. Even though she doesn't stay in my mind for that, but for how she let her country into the "Golden Age".


Oxana On


Ming Xi

Definitely one of my favorite looks in the entire selection. As you all know, I love stripes, and this is immediately a favorite of mine.


Tina Leung


Nasir Mazhar skirt, Christopher Kane clutch



Giovanna Battaglia in a Miu Miu skirt


Anya Ziourova in a Gucci dress, Roger Vivier bag, and Eddie Borgo necklace


Soo Joo Park in a Kenzo top

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree in terms of the eyes - I would love a piece with an eye on it... can you say where you got your ring? I would so love one to match my eye color!

    ReplyDelete