Friday, September 6, 2013

New York Spring 2014 Fashion Week Street Style Part 1

Is it just me, or is comfort a big trend happening on the streets of New York this season? Sneakers and loafers seem to be the shoes of choice (not to mention summer’s favorite comeback: the Birkenstock sandal), worn with easy dresses and blazers. Also, the brand of choice seems to be simplicity-full Celine. A patchwork denim dress is paired with a sleek, low ponytail, and a feminine floral-print skirt is worn with a clean white tee. Showgoers may just be warming up to being back on the grind, but in any case, casual ease looks great on everyone.

Kate Foley in a Creatures of the Wind skirt and a Comme des Garçons bag

This is exactly the type of look I fall for. Who doesn't love sunkissed hair with a retro red lip? And for those who are more of the clothing junkies, take a look at the way the pattern accents the dress without breaching the barrier into last Fall's pattern contrasts.


Céline bag

Yes, color seems to be playing the key moment in the fashion world right now, sharing the spotlight with the Celine bag. Fashion week goers are often busy, working women, needing space in their bags for notes, camera, snacks, show schedules, and maybe even some portable flats in case blisters surface. The Celine bag, this urber stylish accessory, has all that space.


Ohne Titel dress

Graphic has always been a favorite of mine. If you have ever taken a look inside my sketchbook, you would have seen oodles of designs - 90% of which are graphic. I just think that graphic is so easy to draw as well as to wear, so that's just why I love it so much, not counting that I love a graphic pattern itself.


Aimee Song in a Céline bag and Vita Fede bracelets

This is some more graphic with a red Celine handbag to boot. This particular handbag is one I think is sold out in the states, but I'm not sure about the rest of the world. I only know that it is one of the handbags I love seeing.


Céline bag
See? This proves what you can do to change up you outfit. If you noticed with the earlier color blocked Celine bag, it immediately added color to the entire look. This neutral toned one, however, instantly scales the look down a notch into something I'm positive I would wear myself.


Ashley Owens
When in doubt, match your man. ;)


Céline dress
Denim is coming from summer in another form. Can't help but admire those loafers.


Outside Creatures of the Wind

My favorite look out of the entire selection, the youthful, just-like-me look. I just feel so like myself whenever I view this photo. This is just what I wear in most of my every day life. After all, I'm still young, and I have a lot to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment