Monday, July 8, 2013

Striped

Dress; Old Navy, Shoes; Etienne Aiger, Handbag; Vintage Old Navy, Necklace; Vintage, Ring; Vintage
Had quite a day shopping! I think that Summer is about the only time I have to shop - and it is a wonderful time to stock up on back-to-school-clothing essentials. I chose one of my very favorite dresses, this striped one from Old Navy. (Honestly, I just love that store) The only downside to this dress is that the top can be just a little unflattering on me, but I just adore that skirt! It flares beautifully, and it gives plenty of room - a quality that some skirts and dresses don't posses. I'm still loving the vintage pieces I got a few weeks ago, I rewore the handbag and necklace, and you can see them in this post. The ring is a piece that you all haven't seen yet, but I was a little concerned about it being too much with the necklace, but in the end it looked fine so I went with it. (I'm still learning how to style outfits, but I find accessorizing so hard!) I'm just loving my little nude kitten heels. They are so easy to wear, and my feet never hurt in them! They also add to just about any outfit and the nude color is subtle but the bows add a cute touch.

(Scroll below to read on)







Here is a close-up of my new jewel-child. I sometimes feel that I am growing jeweled roses when I wear it.



Dress; Old Navy, Shoes; Etienne Aiger, Handbag; Vintage Old Navy, Necklace; Vintage, Ring; Charming Charlie
After I bought I few key pieces at a boutique called "Charming Charlie", I couldn't resist switching my vintage ring to try this double set on. They are so different from the other pieces in my collection - they are modern, edgy, and posses a structural quality that the other pieces in my collection don't. I have quite a few striped pieces in my closet, and this ring will go with each and every one of them. I also bought some other lovely pieces that I will be wearing very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment