Tuesday, July 30, 2013

What I Packed For A Weekend Getaway

I am leaving for a weekend getaway to Houston, and since I haven't been there in a long time, I'm pretty exited. I was thinking about doing a short video on what I packed, but I honestly don't have any time to edit it and upload by the time I leave. So I'm doing a post.


First of all, I'm showing you my makeup. Since it's a super short trip, I am taking only a minimum of products. I would have taken only a mascara, eyeliner, and lipbalm, but as I'm planning to try and do some photoshoots for my blog, I am taking makeup for a simple face. I have my Lilly Pulitzer for Estee' Lauder makeup bag, which, by far, is my favorite out of all the bags I own. I usually use it for my brushes, but since it's the smallest out of all my makeup bags, and I'm taking just a few products, I emptied out almost all my brushes, leaving just a few.


Here is how it looks inside, and as you can see, I haven't really filled the bag up.


First up is my Holy Grail mascara - the Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious. Be sure to get it in waterproof, as that way it will stay, but if you get it in the regular formula, you will find that it gets under your eyes in a matter of hours.


Next is my Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation. I am planning to use this only when I need it, and where I need it. I usually like to put it on and around my nose, chin, and wherever else I need some coverage.


What else can I say about the Burt's Bees Lipbalm other than it is my lipbalm from heaven?


Of course, to set my foundation I need a powder. I use the Covergirl Cleanpressed Powder, but I can't say that I really recommend it. 


I find that other powders that I've try give a lot more that this powder doesn't, but I have a thing about using products I either like or don't like until they are completely out.


It's summer, so my Kiss My Face Facial Creme and Sunscreen is a must. I apply this all over my face whenever I go out, so my skin is protected by the sun.


If you are an avid reader, (and watcher for that matter) on my site and channel, then you already know about my love for the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner. My current shade is the brown, which I find it more natural looking than the standard black.


Here are the two brushes that I decided to take with me. The first one is from Elf, and it is the blush brush. I don't usually recommend Elf, but some of their brushes have proven to be satisfactory for me. Then I have the Mehron Detailer Brush. This is a fantastic brush from a theater makeup company, and lately I have found that I use it more often than any of my other brushes.


I have the Estee Lauder lipstick is Rose Creme' and I like to use it for a hint of color on either my cheeks or my lips, and sometimes both.


And now for clothes! First I packed two handbags. The one on the left is a vintage clutch, and the other is a vintage handbag from my dear grandmother.


This is a tank top from Ann Taylor, and even though it is in a fall color, I have been wearing it quite often this summer as I love the idea of a knit tank top.


Of course I need my staple, a plain white t-shirt, so I made sure to pack one from Old Navy.


Loving this polka-dotted denim skirt from Cherokee, it's perfectly cool and stylish - my favorite summer combo.


Have to take a dress, so my first pick is a striped number from Old Navy. Pair it with my black clutch and it instantly clicks.


For shoes I'm taking my nude Etienne Aiger kitten heels. There're so comfy for walking around downtown, so I just had to take them. What's great is that they match with everything, and add a charming, feminine touch to any outfit.


As you have seen, I have tried to pack as lightly as possible for a two day trip. I had a top that was in the wash when I was taking these photos, but if you are interested in seeing it, click here. Until then, see you all in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment