Monday, July 29, 2013

Daguerre


T-shirt; Old Navy, Jeans; Levi's (Old), Sneakers, Hat; Vintage, Necklace; Vintage, Bracelet; Vintage, Handbag; Vintage

I actually wasn't even sure if I would be able to put these pictures of me wearing jeans and sneakers on this blog. I try to avoid wearing them as much as possible, but every now and then, a situation arises when I have to wear my hated pair. Let it be a several mile hike, a long day outside, or, in this case, a visit to a working farm, sneakers are a must. (I am considering buying a pair of cowboy boots, but the fact that I am a young teenager without any sort of personal income stands in the way of many of my purchasing wishes.) Anyway, I thought about it, and I decided there is always a chance you need something to wear to a kind of country-outing, like I did. So, this post is for those of you who have wondered if there is something to wear to a "rough" outing that isn't just an old t-shirt, jeans, and a pair of worn sneakers.


I recently dug up this old faded pair of jeans that I got ages ago from Levi's. I usually don't like wearing them unless I am going super causal, but of course, this was the day, so I paired them with my sneakers, which, as mentioned before, I had no choice but to wear. I chose one of my essential t-shirts, and I wore this one since it isn't quite so plain, as it has faint, gray stripes running horizontally across it. Perfect opportunity to wear my beloved chunky Calvin Klein belt, which, since I love it and want people to see it, was shown off by my wearing my shirt tucked neatly in. Accessorizing made this outfit something other than the boring jeans and t-short combo, so even though the belt was awesome on its own, I threw on a wooden necklace (bought at a monastery in Ukraine and dipped in the holy water there) and a bracelet of semi-precious stones. (A long familiar piece that my mother unexpectedly gifted to me on the same day - quite unexpected, since it was her birthday, and I was the one giving her gifts.) I needed a good bag for my camera, (who can't resist taking shots of picturesque country roads and gardens?) so I chose this worn, (and loved) vintage messenger bag. I needed a hat in the glaring rays of the Texas sun, so I donned one that, sadly, flopped all the wrong ways but was, to me, irresistible.
Well, that's it for today's post! Pretty long compared to just about every other one I've done, but all the same, I feel I've accomplished something. Now, off to my real work, writing a speech I have to turn in this evening. Wish me luck!












No comments:

Post a Comment