Monday, August 26, 2013

Pink


Dress; Xhilaration (Old), Shoes; Kelly and Katie, Necklace; Vintage, Ring; Vintage
My mother got this dress for me about two years ago. To tell the truth, she got it for herself, realized it was smaller than she had anticipated, and then gave it to me. Honestly, I hate pink. I might reach for a pink lipstick, or fancy a pink shade for my cheeks, but when it comes to dressing, never do I like that color. So you might as well imagine my reaction when my mom gave me this dress. I flatly refused to wear it, and over a two year period, I only got around to wearing it once. (That was a time when I was in Ukraine, and since my mother nagged at me to wear it, I decided to do so with a red belt and nude kitten wedges.) I chose to wear this outfit for a day of back to school shopping. I have said that I don't do back to school shopping, but I had to get supplies, as well as a few clothing essentials that I really, really need. I have to admit, this dress isn't really that trendy, but I am proud of myself for choosing to wear it myself, without my mother making convincing me to wear it! And, funny thing, I actually like it now! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment