Sunday, June 23, 2013

Review: Victoria's Secret Lipstick In "Clementine"


I really was having doubts about showing this review, but I decided that even though it is discontinued, it would be okay to show it. This is sort of a lesson on all of the Victoria's Secret lipsticks in general. :)

I usually don't recommend Victoria's Secret makeup at all. I rank it at the same level as Elf cosmetics - cheap, not worth it, and not worthy of producing good results. So when I pulled this lipstick out of my makeup stash, I really didn't have very high expectations for it. I bought it in my earlier, ignorant-makeup days, when I didn't have a clue what an eyelash curler was - let alone what brands to buy from. But when I tried it on, I was instantly surprised. This shade, "clementine", is a soft, cool-toned pink that reminds me somewhat of the MAC Viva Glam Nikki lipstick, only lighter. I wouldn't say that the formula is super moisturizing, and I do recommend a balm underneath. Still, it comes off fairly easily, and the coverage is medium.


The lighting was acting funny in the photo above, but below you can see how it looks on the lips in better lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment