Friday, June 21, 2013

Review: Burt's Bees Lip Simmers


I have long been a fan of the lovely Fleur de Force. As well as watching her channel, I read every new post on her blog. She has done reviews on practically every product she owns, so her site is always my first stop whenever I want to check up on a certain product. Although her site is really a beauty and makeup site, rather than a fashion and beauty site (like mine) I would like to provide the same convenience for my viewers as she does. So today I'm doing my first "real" makeup review, with my own photographs and swatches. 
For this review, I decided to focus on my Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. I have been a huge fan of Burt's Bees for a long time - long before I started doing beauty videos. (I think they were my first lip products outside of the bright red and pink lipsticks I used for stage.) Today I'm showing you all four shades; Watermelon, Radiance, Papaya, and Cocoa.


Below is "Radiance".


Next is "Watermelon".


Then comes "Papaya".


And last but not least, here is "Cocoa".



"Radiance" is what I consider a sort of "white" shade. It's pretty frosty-looking, but this is how it looks of you build it up. If you just apply a little, it will look a lot like a clearish gloss.


"Watermelon" was the first one I bought. I remember wondering why they called this shade watermelon, because in my opinion, it didn't really resemble a watermelon color at all. Nevertheless, I think that this is definitely the shade I wear most often. It is not a very bright pink, and it is very easy to wear. 


"Papaya" is a very orangey shade, reminding me of a pumpkin. I don't really have much to say about this shade, except that it is a very unique color.


"Cocoa" is like a brown lipstick - only more sheer. If you like the idea of a brown lipstick, but just don't have the courage to wear one, then this shade is definitely for you. I rubbed off "Papaya" to put this shade on to photograph, and I must say that a few of the warm-color remained. If you put on this shimmer before any other color, you will find that it is more of a cooler tone.

Overall, the formula for these lipshimmers glides on easily, the texture is buttery and smooth, but you might find that it comes off after a while, and that the product slides around a bit when you are applying it. Nevertheless, I really think that this is a really great collection of lip shimmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment