Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Favorites From Oscar de la Renta Spring 2013 RTW

 In his latest collection, Oscar de la Renta put togther a dazzling array of his speciality - beautiful clothes. I loved his lacy theme and stylish patterns.


One of the first in the show, this suit was simple but still beautiful. It is the perfect causal chic look for a feminine, girly day.
I liked the slight metallic accent this outfit had. It is slightly vintage, too. Wonderful thought to imagine walking down the street in some high-town area wearing that.
This piece is slightly Victorian. The lace on the jacket really brings back that era of feminine luxuries. It is nice how the skirt doesn't upstage the jacket in any way. It is of a plain cloth, simple, except for the slit that is ever present on the Runways this season.
I appreciate how this is colorful but still a bit subtle. The skirt is neither black nor white, but a patchwork pattern of the two. The sweater is something that would be perfect for even Fall, with it's golden yellow tone.
I love the delicate motifs on this.  The turquoise is just visible from underneath the gray lace and the also turquoise belt gives off a wonderful accent to the whole thing.
This short piece gives me a feeling that I am looking at a kind of peony., the way the cloth is bunched up makes the viewer think she is looking at a flower.
Thought I might do some double work when I chose this photo. The last dress, worn by Karlie Kloss, really captured my attention. So I thought I might include it with the designer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment