Saturday, July 21, 2012

Valentino Fall 2012 Couture Favoites



I love the intricate pattern on this jumpsuit. The navy blue, emerald, and metallic finishes really make this a unique piece.

I love Royal Blue, and with this spectacular cut and pattern, that liking is multiplied. I have always loved maxi and goddess-kind of dresses, and I think that this is a definite favorite.

Love this. I think that this is the kind of dress that looks glamorous with seemingly no effort from the girl. I love that neckline and the embroidered patterns - especially the sheer look.

This is the kind of dress that reminds me of a vintage photo shoot. It looks slightly aged but it still looks good on. I love flowers, and it is always wonderful to see them on the runway.

I love black, and the flower embroidery adds definition to that black. This is the sort of dress that it simple but elegant in a way you sometimes may not expect. The design makes sure of that.

I love a wrapped feel in a dress, and this dusty pink dress really radiates a positive feeling towards that. It really adds a presence when you have flowers on a dress like that.

I love this short dress, and with the gold and black bodice, paired with that slit on the skirt, I think it is really irresistible. I like how instead of just leaving a plain skirt, the team made it look more unique with that slit a little up the skirt.

I think the blue and black of this dress go together very well, and with a high neck, balloon sleeves, and the length, this is a dress I really appreciate.Topped off with a waist.

I love v-necks, and as I also said before, dark blues. Sometimes a length like that adds both modesty and a state of elegance to a dress like this one.

The only red velvet dress in the collection, I think it deserves some attention! It is simple but chic, long-sleeved but with a touch of flashy.

Not everyone can pull off yellow very easily, but with silver, I think this can be a dress for everyone. I like that 'nicely' folded slit, for this dress, it is better than just a ordinary cut slit.

Another red dress, this one a touch more dramatic than the velvet one. Sheer, with pleats all over the bottom of the skirt. And sleeves. A really dramatic dress in both modern and a last-century way.

Dark blue and embroidered with a darker blue thread, visible through sheer cloth and accented by a fluttering cape. Love this dress!

If you have read ''Little Women'' or seen the movie, you would probably recognize this dress as the type that the older girls would dress in for a party. This dress would not be formal without that embroidery all over it.

As the grand finale of the show, this dress really deserved the attention. No other dress in the collection has a cut-out pattern, much less one from the top to the bottom. I think this reminds me in particular of ''Snow White and The Huntsman''. It has the same look, but it is still quite different.


1 comment: