Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Top Drugstore Concealers


The general fact that I love makeup is obvious - if you have looked anywhere on my blog or youtube channel you have most probably put two and two together and realized that I just might have a major slight obsession with makeup. Putting makeup on in the morning while squinting at myself in the mirror and wishing I was still asleep means that I usually gravitate towards products that do their job and do it well. Recently I have discovered my fondness for these particular concealers. Since they all happen to be drugstore, I decided to share them with you in this very appropriately themed drugstore concealers post.


First off lets start with the concealer pictured above. It's called the L.A. Girl Pro Concealer and it is the cheapest concealer in this whole bunch. At only $2.99 it is a fantastic concealer not only because of the price but also purely because of the formulation. It is slightly pink toned, gives a medium coverage and stays on like a dream. I like using it chiefly to cover my dark under-eye circles, because the pink tone is perfect for counteracting the bluish tones of my undereyes. 

Next I have the L'oreal True Match concealer. Unlike my other concealers, this one in particular is in a stick form, which not only makes it sanitary to use but also enable it to give a higher coverage. I feel like I have to say that even though I really like it I can definitely picture other people not liking it. It has a drier texture and might drag on dryer skin, but because my skin is so oily I don't really notice that. I like to apply this concealer in places around my face, particularly where I might have redness. Since it's so thick and the coverage is high, it stays on longer than other concealers, covering up redness better.

I love the Maybelline Master Conceal one as well. This has a yellow tone to it, so I can pretty much add this to my face and not bother wearing foundation on days that I just feel eh but I don't want the whole world to know! It manages to be a formula that covers well but doesn't feel heavy whatsoever. I do wish that it came in a tube because I feel like I'd use it even more, especially on the go. Despite this I do find myself reaching for this one quite often due to the superior formula and how it stays, covers and pretty much checks most, if not all, my boxes when it comes to having a perfect concealer.

Last but not least I have to mention my all time favorite concealer - the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I fell in love with this one about a year ago, I used it for several months, but for some reason I stopped using it in favor of trying more options. Recently, however, I have come back to it. It is slightly lighter than the Master Conceal in terms of coverage, but it still manages to cover the imperfections on my face to the extent that it looks incredibly natural, something that I aim to achieve with my makeup. I have been using this one every day without fail and I can't see myself letting go of it anytime soon. It is the perfect concealer for both my dark undereye circles and any redness or blemishes I might have as well.


Below you can see the concealers swatched on the back of my hand. From left to right: LA Girl, L'oreal, Maybelline Master Conceal and Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.


So that's pretty much it for my Top Drugstore concealers post. I hope it wasn't too long but to be honest I am a sucker for typing out every single thought that goes through my head, so I guess it's only natural that I have a hundred words or so. Concealer Essay, anyone? Anyways, I would like to do more of these types of posts where I just talk about my top something or other. I will either do them on my youtube channel or on my blog as posts! x

No comments:

Post a Comment