Saturday, October 24, 2015

Milani Total Lash Cover Mascara

   Somehow every trip to Walmart ends up with me in the beauty aisle, poring over different shadows, bronzers, pencils, lipsticks and everything else to be found in my favorite section. Every now and then something catches my eye and I buy it. This time it was this mascara.
What initially attracted me to this was the wand. As you can see, it is colored and spiked and basically designed to attract attention. The spikes are meant to separate the lashes, and I did think it would be a little scary to put what pretty much looked like cactus needles so close to my eye, but to be honest it was no different from using a lash comb. 
   The effect of the mascara itself was not as amazing as I would have liked. The claims on the packaging stress on how the wand is designed to define outer and inner lashes and add length to the middle part of your lashes. This is pretty much what happened, so I can't hold a grudge against them claiming that the mascara does something that it doesn't, but all the same the wand is so impressive you'd think it would do something beyond what an ordinary mascara would do. All it does it just lift my lashes and slightly "define" them, and to be honest I expect a mascara to do more. However, it doesn't flake, run, or smear, and it manages to stay on throughout the day and yet come off easily.


So over all I can say that this mascara is a "good" mascara if you aren't looking for a lot of drama, but if you're like me and like a super dramatic, fluttery look to your lashes you might want to be looking for something different. I can't say I will be repurchasing this, but I have been using it as an every day mascara for school and things like that. Like I said, I haven't had any problems with it other than the fact that I have tried countless other mascara formulas that somehow do more for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment