Sunday, October 18, 2015

ABH Shadow Couture World Traveller Palette


Recently I made a promise to myself to buy less eyeshadow palettes. I am a sucker for eyeshadow, and of course having several colors in one convenient case is cause for me to want to snap up any palette that I see like candy. The Anastasia Shadow Couture palette is one that prompted me to break that self made goal and take the $30 plunge. (More like a dip, since thirty dollars for a high end palette isn't very much at all, but let's keep it that way for the sake of dramatic wording.) Before beginning this review I feel that I must mention that this palette is quickly going out of stock. The only reason I'm putting up this review is that I discovered that Nordstrom is still selling it, though of course I'm assuming it's not for long. So if you do want to purchase it, I suggest you do so as soon as possible, since it's too good to let slip through your fingers. ;) So let's get on to the review.


   The packaging itself is incredibly attractive and pleasing to the eye. It looks expensive and tasteful, but when you have the palette in your hands you realize it's made of a cardboard materials with a shiny covering. Not my favorite material in the world, and the mirror does run slightly smaller than what I'd like, but all in all the look of the packaging is very pleasing to the eye.


   The palette has twelve colors in three finishes: matte, satin and metallic. All the colors are quite consistent in pigmentation and the way they glide on to the skin. The thing that I really love about this palette is the way the colors are incredibly varied and range from colors you could wear on an every day basis to ones you can have a lot of fun with. One of my favorite colors in the palette is Fudge, which is a warmer version of a chocolate brown. I also am really into Pink Champagne, one that gives you the most incredibly intense shimmery wash of color, and Noir, which is literally the matte black of my dreams. It's soft without being so soft that it gives you fallout, and it's pigmented blendable and smooth.


Here are descriptions of each shade taken from the ABH website;

Soft Peach – Nude pastel peach with an ultra-matte finish.
Morocco – Deep burnt orange with an ultra-matte finish.
Heirloom – Pinky eggplant with a sparkle finish.
Bellini – Golden peach with a satin finish.
Pink Champagne – Shimmery pink with a titanium finish.
Chic – Taupe gray with a shimmer finish.
Spoiled – Gold-flecked peach with a metallic finish.
Fudge – Rich, chocolate brown with an ultra-matte finish.
Azure – Vibrant blue with a metallic finish.
Intense Gaze – Bronzed pink with a satin finish.
Metallic – Brassy gold with a metallic finish.
Noir – Deep carbon black with an ultra-matte finish.


   The brush in the palette is dual ended, with a fluffier side for blending and another side with denser packed bristles that I assume is meant to serve as a precision brush for giving a slightly more intense layer of color.


   All in all I really recommend this palette. If you can still get it definitely do, click here and the link will take you to the Nordstrom page where it's still available. The palette is priced at an easy $30, which is a really great price, especially when you compare it to other brands that release their own palettes, many of which with significantly less quantities of color, for a much higher price.

No comments:

Post a Comment