Saturday, November 29, 2014

Back to the Basics


One one of the best Sundays I've ever had, Katya and I spent the whole day together, and since it was cloudy out, we decided to take these series of photographs in my room. It was a lot harder than these photos suggest, because the only lens I had at the moment wasn't wide enough to capture me and my whole outfit, so I ended up sitting on one side of the room while Katya pressed herself against the opposite wall as if she was glued to it! I cannot believe I could keep a straight face through all this, but I did end up cracking up at some point. All in all this was a fun one :) I decided to pair a very basic staple in my closet - this roomy sweater, with some really cool shoes that I recently bought. Paired with a fake bob and a sultry attitude, this was a pretty awesome combination. As a last note, I was planning to post this in color, but when I started playing with the editor I noticed almost all of the photos looked wonderful in black and white. So this is a very formal version of what I've found myself gravitating towards every day, minus the heels that are oh so beautiful but not as practical. However, I am wearing them to a concert at the Meyerson tonight. A very much more wearable occasion!










Jeans: Gap
Sweater: Vintage
Jewelry: Charming Charlie (Old)

No comments:

Post a Comment