Thursday, May 29, 2014

Lace Overall


I have never been one to really wear overalls, but the carefree illusions dreamed up by the likes of Chiara Ferragni and Aimee Song made me realize that overalls don't have to be bulky and unflattering. So long as you have the means to make denim look delicate with sheer fabrics and intricate jewelry, you're all set. So that's how I ended up in front of the camera wearing Lei overalls that I had bought the year before but never thought I'd actually wear! Balancing feminine elements and new pieces doesn't have to be a headache. All you have to do is center your clothing around the overalls, with a pretty sheer top (such as the lace one I'm wearing in these photos) that is sheer enough so as not to be to stifling but not so sheer people think you're wearing some form of lingerie. Next pick a few neutral and delicate accessories. Gold works best, which is why I chose to wear my gold owl earrings (to add a statement) as well as some plain but delicate gold rings (to add some detail). Of course, you don't have to use just gold jewelry. It's great to stack multiple layers of colorful bracelets, wear a statement ring, or edge it up with ear-cuffs. And as for shoes ... you can choose to wear the classic sneakers, or you can choose the perfect nude shoe - like me.





I WAS WEARING:
OVERALLS: LEI (OLD)
TOP: VINTAGE
SHOES: MERONA
EARRINGS: CHARMING CHARLIE
RINGS: VINTAGE

1 comment: