Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Kate Moss Adds Rare Pops of Color At The Rimmel London 180 Years of Cool Event

Vogue Daily — Kate Moss

WHO: Kate Moss
WHAT: Topshop top, Wildfox Couture jeans, and Azzedine Alaïa shoes
WHERE: At the Rimmel London 180 Years of Cool event, London
WHEN: October 10, 2013

Gypsies. That's what I think of when I see Kate Moss 60%. Of course, there are times when she dresses in racier, edgier outfits that can in no way be described as something a gypsy would wear, but many times, with her layered blacks, textured pieces, and effortless cool-girl persona, she reminds me of that mysterious and exotic people. My mother is also a fan of the gypsy way of dancing. When she was a belly dancer (not the vulgar kind) she put her costumes together with the gypsy norm in mind. Even though she has long since stopped dancing, full jewel toned skirts, vibrant scarves, and black leotards still hang in her closet, ghosts of a shut chapter of her life. Looking at that kind of beauty, I was eagerly overjoyed when I saw this picture of Kate Moss in what is an unmistakable reinvention of this boho breed of style. I think my favorite element of this outfit is the scarf. It's flowered, but not so radically that it makes a neutralist like me recoil. The olive top is accessorized with layers of necklaces, and the leggings and trendy ankle boots back it up. See if you can get this out of your closet - I will certainly try.



1 comment: