Sunday, July 12, 2015

Metamorphosis ❀ Colourpop Eyeshadow

Many of you might recall reading my last review of Colourpop eyeshadows, which was on the In The Lights quad. If you haven't read that one, click here. I had long been ogling that collection, but strangely enough it was this one that finally compelled me to give up and buy Colourpop's products after months (months) of deliberation. (I know, I have no idea what I was doing.) I got this quad several days ago, and after photographing it as soon as I got it (so the eyeshadows would look pristine, of course) I used it. And used it. And used it again. After days of loving, I finally can say that this is an amazing collection, hands down.


First is Strength, which is a satin finish. I used this color chiefly as a transition color in my crease. The shadow is a gorgeous blend between a caramel and a toffee shade.


Next is Bravery, one of my favorite shades from the collection. It is the perfect matte chocolate color. That everyone should have in their collection.


Next is Kindness, probably the most popular shade in the quad. It is described as a 'Warm red brown undertone with a gold, green and blue duo chrome in a Sheer Opal finish'. The shade is one of the transformer shades in the quad, but we'll talk about that later.


Lastly is Kindness, the next transformer shade. It is described as 'Radiant opal with pink, violet, blue and silver duo chrome in a Sheer Opal finish'.


Here are the colors swatched.


Let's talk about the transformer concept of the shadows. Hope and Kindness are both advertised as such shadows, and the transformer quality is what makes these shadows so special.


Here you see my arm swatched with six different shades. There's a gold, teal, purple, black, taupe, and brown. To the left third of each line of eyeshadow I added Kindness and to the right third I added Hope. The middle third I left bare for comparison.You can see that the shadows look slightly different when I put any of the two shades over the top, and that is where is transformer name comes from. I have tried a number of other shadows layers on top of each other and while many combinations I try show a hint of the other shade when layered on top, I have yet to encounter a shadow which can truly be classified as a transformer shade like these two can.


Overall, is this quad worth it? Yes, it is. All the shadows in the entire quad a extremely versatile and can be used with any other combination of colors.    is an amazing transition color that can be the transition color for any look you do,    is a dark chocolate color that could work really well as a defining shade that can be applied to the lash line, used as an eyeliner, or, if you blend it really well, be used as a crease color. The two transition colors can be used with virtually any eyeshadow, cream or powder. Obviously there has been a lot of work put into this set so that everyone could use it with any look. No matter your skill level anyone can use this shadow quad individually or together and get fantastic results. You can purchase the quad here, and if you do purchase it and you would like to see what looks you can create with it, or if you need some convincing, here is a playlist of Coffee Break With Dani's tutorials on how to use these colors - by the time you're done watching them you will be going to the Colourpop website and...

No comments:

Post a Comment