Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Weekend Travel Beauty Picks ✈

A while ago I went on a short trip over a weekend and of course I brought some makeup products. As I was sorting through them and putting things back into my stash I was inspired to create a blog post about what I brought. These products are major favorites of mine and since I really pared down what I brought I figured this would make a great Travel Essentials post. I think this is great of those of you who are going somewhere this summer and don't want to overpack - I only brought things that I knew I'd absolutely end up using and I ended up using everything! So here goes...


For brushes I had only two, which surprised me, since I am a brush junkie. I chose two of my must-have brushes, the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush and the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. Both these brushes are incredibly versatile and are amazing quality, especially considering the price.


I only took one eyeshadow palette, and I chose the Wet n' Wild Comfort Zone palette. This palette has literally everything you need for a basic look to a complex eye look. The shades are high pigmented, long wearing, and there has certainly been a balance struck between putting in everyday lighter colors and more dramatic dark colors, and also making room for an unusual and yet still wearable shade or two as well.  If there is one foundation that I've tried that manages to look like my natural skin and yet blurs imperfections, gets rid of redness, evens out skin tone, and yet still doesn't turn me into a grease factory this is it. The Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder is certainly my cup of tea when it comes to foundation lately. I have been obsessed with powder recently (more on that in a bit) so of course I took my Rimmel Staymatte Pressed Powder. I find that I just need a little but it certainly goes a long way.


I had to pack my Beauty Blender! It has been such a lifesaver. I always thought it was one of those I want it but it won't change my life products, but it actually changed my life - makeup wise, that is. I use it to apply my foundation and it gives the most natural look ever without looking cakey on the skin. Also, more importantly, it has rekindled my obsession with powder. I used to love using powder as a foundation, but I found that whatever powder I used ended up looking cakey if I applied too much of it. However, whenever I used my damp Beauty Blender to apply it it instantly gave me a matte look without looking overly matte, and didn't look cakey at all. What I did when I was on vacation (and what I still do now) is apply my Loreal liquid Powder Foundation with the Beauty Blender and then go back with the Beauty Blender again, this time with powder to seal it in. The result was a gorgeous coverage with amazing wear. I'm sold. Next I had my Bite Beauty Lip Crayon in Glace, which I've been obsessed with wearing as it is the perfect dusty rose color. For eyeliner I chose Physician Formula's liner in a dark brown shade.


For the longest time I've been using two mascaras. This pair is from Wet n' Wild. You might recall me doing a first impressions with these mascaras and saying that they didn't really impress me, but since then I've given them a full go-round and I don't think they're that bad at all. I use the Mega Volume first, concentrating on applying it near the roots, and then I apply the Mega Length, giving some attention to the tips of my lashes for added length. The results are lashes that are both sufficiently volumized and incredibly long. I also brought the Pacifica Color Quench Lip Tint in Blood Orange. This is the perfect your lips but better shade - it's so moisturizing and perfect for no makeup makeup days.


Here you see my swatches of the lip colors an the eyeliner I brought. From top to bottom: Bite's Glace, Pacifica Color Quench Lip Tint, and Physician Formula's brown eyeliner.


And that's it for this post! These are all pretty much my bare essentials for a weekend trip. I'm actually in Houston and I'll be leaving to go on a cruise soon, so of course I packed a different variety of makeup, but as far as a two to three day trip goes, this selection has me set. ❈ Anya


No comments:

Post a Comment