Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Golden Hour | Holiday Makeup


Hello population of the internet that happened to come upon this blog post! I can't believe it's already Christmas Eve! This year has gone by so incredibly fast, but at the same time, it feels like an eternity since I celebrated this holiday last year. As most of you probably know, it is sort of a tradition for youtubers to film holiday/Christmas makeup tutorials. Let me tell you how much of a pain that has been! Below you see my finishes (finally) makeup tutorial, but before you watch it try and guess how many takes I took before I actually was able to edit. Can't guess? Let me tell you. Five. Yes, you read that right - five takes before I was even able to satisfy myself to edit it. You can certainly tell how keen I am on quality when you hear that, can you? The first tutorial I improved but it ended up looking pretty trashy and cheap (think a lot of smudged liner on the lower lashline). Next I attempted another, but found out too late that I forgot to press record. Next three times, I was attempting to film on my brand new camera, but all of those times I completely failed to realize that I looked washed out and/or too blurry. It is with great pleasure that I present this short but sweet four minute video that I worked by but off trying to prepare. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment