Monday, September 14, 2015

Review⎪Coty Airspun Powder


 If you have been watching my videos you probably have noticed how for a long time pretty much the only powder I talked about was the Rimmel Staymatte Pressed Powder. However I decided that it was time for a change, particularly because I needed a loose powder. I did have a few in my collection, but somehow I never thought they were good enough for constant use. That changed when I say this little orange puppy.

 I feel that the packaging is very unique - it's very orange and really different, especially because of the little white puffs on the lid. When you open it you see that the powder is loose (of course) and has a flexible plastic covering. I especially like that it has a cover, because we all have that unpleasant picture in our heads of loose powder spilling everywhere, and I also appreciate that the covering is made of a flexible plastic because that means that if I want to get more powder out of the jar, all I have to do is to tap the covering and since it's flexible I'm able to get some powder to come out without too much work. Sounds crazy, I know, talking about the flexibility of plastic, but if you ever get this, you'll know what I mean.


 I got the shade Naturally Neutral, which is a good yellow toned powder. The only thing I really don't like about this powder is that the shade range is incredibly limited. I have a medium to light skin tone and I find that this powder is slightly lighter than what I would look for if I wanted to put this all over my face for, say, a foundation. However, since I only use it for setting/highlighting certain parts of my face, I find that I don't really have a problem with that. If you are a darker skinned girl then you might have some problems with finding the right shade for you, since the only shades I've seen are this one, a pink toned light color, and a translucent color. Coty is a brand that has been around since 1935, and unfortunately it looks like they are a little old-fashioned in terms of their shade range. I do love the formula, even though the shades are somehow limited, because it is so finely milled that it does a fantastic job of filling in my pores and making my skin look matte without looking overly chalky or cakey. It also does a great job of blurring any imperfections I might have, so really all I need to use every day are a foundation and this.
  


 So overall I do highly recommend this powder. It is a great quality product and they give you a lot considering how much you pay for it. I got mine at Walmart for only five dollars and I'm still using it daily after a near month of use and it's not looking any less full. Will you be giving this a try?

Purchase this product here.

No comments:

Post a Comment