Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Water Eyeshadow Trick


For those of you who still read my blog even though it feels like it's been ages since I've posed anything, I feel like I have to give you all a big ginormous monster size thanks. I don't know what happened to these past few weeks other than school, life and sleep deprivation. Have I mentioned it's finally, getting warmer? Totally random, I know, but hey, it feels like ages since I last blogged... so... I decided to start with a blog post that is actually a beauty tip. I've loved this tip for years - it's the ideal way to give an eyeshadow or powder more pigment. So scroll down to learn this latest beauty secret!


Above you see a shadow on my hand and below you see how it looks when I swatched it on my hand. As you can tell, it is very much an ehh eyeshadow with almost no pigment to it whatsoever.



In these pictures I added just a drop of water directly to the eyeshadow pan. You can do this however you want - I usually just dip my brush in water and then I dip my brush in the eyeshadow, but since I was using my fingers I decided to put the water directly into the eyeshadow itself.



Just using my finger to "pat" the water into the eyeshadow...


Above you see the wetter form of the shadow on my hand, and below you see the comparison. The left swatch is how the shadow looked before I applied water - pale, sickly looking, and altogether not very attractive. The right shadow is how the shadow looked when I added just a bit of water to it. As you can see, it looks so much better, almost like an entirely new shadow.


I hope this post inspired you to find a way to use those not-so-wonderful shadows in your collection. I like using this tip for any shadow that isn't as pigmented as I'd like it to be, and thus I've been able to use shadows I never thought would be suited for wear at all. Below are some of my favorite eyeshadow palettes, as well as the palettes pictured in this post. Until next time! xxx Anya


No comments:

Post a Comment