Friday, December 26, 2014

Milani Baked Blushes


I recently persuaded myself to go out and buy one of the Milani baked blushes. I had long thought, nay, known, that I needed a new blusher. Seriously. I had two old ones - one that I never used and the other a bright magenta that was only suitable for bright stage makeup. Of course, I could always put it on with a light hand, which is what I usually did. and although it did produce quite fantastic results I never actually thought of it as a blush I loved and could keep using. However, that all changed the day I walked in my neighborhood Walmart and purchased this blush in the No.1 shade, more precisely, the rosy pink shade you see above. I couldn't wait to open it when I got hope, as soon as I was able I peeled off the plastic seal and got to the goodness inside. When I swatched it, I was not dissapointed. The shade was perfect, a bright pink that was slightly shimmery and brightened the complexion beautifully. I decided to go back and buy another shade, and I ended up with No.2, which is more of a coral orangey shade with flecks of gold in it, quite pretty! However, if I had to choose between the two, I would definitely prefer the first one I bought, the rosy pink. I just think it looks like a more natural, every day shade and looks better on my cheeks. The other shade, while very unique and pretty, is not as wearable. However, I do like them both, and you can see my swatches below.


The staying power of this is standard, long wearing like I think any powder blush should be, giving a healthy looking glow to the cheeks due to the flecks of shimmer. I do appreciate that the shimmer is very fine, not too chunky, and I also like that the shimmery color isn't just a glaze over the actual formula. A lot of powders, blushes bronzers and highlighters have a shimmery film over the powder when bought. While this may look quite pleasing a pretty, it can be annoying to find out that the pretty shimmer disappears right after the first few uses. I was actually expecting this to happen, particularly when I bought the second shade because of the abundance of gold shimmer. However, I was immensely pleased to find that wasn't the case at all!


Overall, I certainly look forward to getting my hands on more of these blushes, and while I don't see myself buying all the shades in one go (at almost seven dollars a pop that wouldn't be very friendly towards the wallet of a certain jobless teenager, haha) but as time passes I'll be sure to stuff my collection with this bright little gems!



No comments:

Post a Comment